Canon released Canon EOS M6 Mark II firmware version 1.1.0.
Along with some bug fixes, Canon EOS M6 Mark II firmware delivers the much asked 24p video mode.
Canon firmware advisory:
Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following enhancement and fixes:
- The option to capture movies in the frame rate of 23.98p has been added.
- Fixes the phenomenon where the focus position of the lens returns to the home position if the camera powers off due to the “Auto Power Off” setting during Interval Timing shooting.
- Fixes the phenomenon in which, in rare cases, the camera may not autofocus at the edges of the image area.
Firmware Version 1.1.0 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.0.1. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.1.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
When updating the firmware of the camera, please review the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.
- 32.5MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 8 Image Processor
- UHD 4K30p & Full HD 120p Video Recording
- 3.0″ 1.04m-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
Blending high resolution with apt stills and video capabilities, the black Canon EOS M6 Mark II is a sleek mirrorless body with a range of features to suit multimedia applications. Its APS-C-sized 32.5MP CMOS sensor achieves enhanced image clarity, resolution, and dynamic range, along with adept sensitivity to ISO 25600 and low noise to suit working in a variety of situations. Combined with advanced image processing, this sensor is also capable of outputting UHD 4K30p and Full HD 120p video, as well as supporting continuous stills shooting rates up to 14 fps with AF and AE tracking. The Dual Pixel CMOS AF provides 5481 selectable points for precise, smooth, and fast focusing for both photo and video, and support for Eye AF Servo prioritizes subjects’ eyes when photographing portraits. Complementing the imaging capabilities, the EOS M6 Mark II incorporates a 3.0″ 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD, which has a 180° tilting design for front-facing shots. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity allow you to pair mobile devices with the camera to wirelessly transfer files for sharing your photos and movies online.