Some Canon EOS R3 documents leaked yesterday, including the press release we leaked first. asobinet.com…
Brace for impact: the Canon EOS R3 might be released soon. In a few weeks, indeed.
Nokishita reports that the Canon EOS R3 and accessories (ST-E10, AD-E1, DM-E1D, ER-L1, ER-HE, ER-H) have been added to Canon’s latest product lists. Some information about upcoming lenses also leaked:
According to the corresponding accessory table, the RF 16mm has a hood of EW-65C, a cap of E-43, and a lens pouch of LP1014. The RF100-400mm has an E-67II cap and an LP1224 pouch.
The resolution of the upcoming Canon EOS R3 is no longer a mystery. It’s 24MP, and it got more than one confirmation. Oh, and have a look how impressing the 30fps of the R3 are. We expect the announcement in Fall 2021, likely in September. Here is what we know about the EOS R3 so far:
- 24MP backside illuminated image sensor
- Multi-Controller & Smart Controller
- Vari-Angle Touch Screen
- NEW accessory shoe
- Wifi 5GHz
- High speed 30fps electronic shutter with AF/AE tracking + RAW shooting at this speed
- AF down to -7.0 EV
- 8 Stops Coordinated Control IS with Optical IS and In-Body IS
- 4K Canon Log3
- Oversampling 4K
- Internal RAW video
- Inclusion of cars and motorbikes in AF tracking technology
- RAW internal movie recording
- Speedlite shooting with electronic shutter
- The same weather sealing as the EOS-1D series
- LP-E19 Battery
- Dual card slot SD & CFExpress
All our EOS R3 coverage is listed here, product images are here and here. There has been some discussion about who makes the imaging sensor of the EOS R3. You can get notified when the Canon EOS R3 will be available for preorder.