Close to the announcement, here is a Canon lens rumor with new images and basic specifications of the Canon RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM Macro lens for the EOS R full frame mirrorless system. Note that this lens was previously rumored to have f/3.5-5.6.
According to Nokishita, the Canon RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM Macro has this specifications:
- Optics made of 13 elements and 13 groups
- Minimum focusing distance: 0.2m (autofocus) /0.13m (manual focus)
- Maximum shooting magnification: 0.4x (autofocus at 105mm) / 0.5x (manual focus at 24mm)
- 5 stops image stabilisation
- Filter diameter is 67mm
- 76.6mm x 88.8mm, 395g
We expect the Canon RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM Macro to get announced very soon, likely this or next week. More images of the lens are here.
We also expect Canon to announce the EOS R5 and the Rebel T8i very soon and within the same time frame as the RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM Macro. There is also a (controversial) set of specifications for the EOS R5 that’s going around. The specs in bold are said to be more reliable. But still: 8K video at 30fps seems definitely a bit of a stretch, and 4K at 120fps too.
- It will not be named Canon EOS Rs but R5
- 45mp full frame CMOS sensor
- IBIS (In Body Image Stabilisation)
- 5 stops with IBIS alone
- 7-8 stops of correction when used with in-lens stabilization
- 12fps mechanical, 20fps electronic
- Scroll wheel added to the back
- No touch bar
- Liveview/Movie toggle like previous EOS DSLRs
- Larger capacity battery, but looks like the LP-E6
- 8K@30fps RAW
- Built-in 5GHz WiFi
- New battery, but the same shape and compatibility as the EOS 5D Mark IV
- Announcement February 2020 ahead of CP+
- Shipping in July 2020
More Canon lens rumor stuff is listed here.