I might have mixed up some things, but...didn't we already knew that Canon would open…
It took a Japanese rumor mill to end the Canon EOS R3 debacle. The price is $5,999. Period.
Always reliable Nokishita tweeted what will be the US price for the upcoming Canon EOS R3. No doubt left since Nokishita never is wrong. Must hurt hard for some well known North-American rumor mill since they didn’t even cite them. That’s how it is.
The announcement is scheduled for September 14, 2021. It will be the one MILC that’s born to rule, in Canon’s own words.
While waiting for the one that’s born to rule, have a look how impressing the 30fps of the R3 are. We expect the announcement in Fall 2021, likely in September. Here is what we know about the EOS R3 so far:
- 24MP backside illuminated image sensor
- Multi-Controller & Smart Controller
- Vari-Angle Touch Screen
- NEW accessory shoe
- Wifi 5GHz
- High speed 30fps electronic shutter with AF/AE tracking + RAW shooting at this speed
- AF down to -7.0 EV
- 8 Stops Coordinated Control IS with Optical IS and In-Body IS
- 4K Canon Log3
- Oversampling 4K
- Internal RAW video
- Inclusion of cars and motorbikes in AF tracking technology
- RAW internal movie recording
- Speedlite shooting with electronic shutter
- The same weather sealing as the EOS-1D series
- LP-E19 Battery
- Dual card slot SD & CFExpress
All our EOS R3 coverage is listed here, product images are here and here. There has been some discussion about who makes the imaging sensor of the EOS R3. You can get notified when the Canon EOS R3 will be available for preorder.