Thanks to all for taking part and thanks to Pavlos from Hyperion Camera Straps for…
We love Fujifilm cameras, in particular the X-T lineup. A new one is here, it’s the Fujifilm X-T4.
Fujifilm X-T4 key features:
- 26.1MP APS-C X-Trans BSI CMOS 4 Sensor
- X-Processor 4 Image Processor
- 5-Axis In-Body Image Stabilization
- DCI/UHD 4K at 60 fps, Full HD at 240 fps
Fujifilm press release:
Fujifilm launches mirrorless digital camera “FUJIFILM X-T4”
- Capturing a precious moment with the world’s fastest 15fps shooting and quick AF as fast as 0.02 seconds
- Incorporating high-performance in-body image stabilization in a compact and lightweight body
- Capable of recording premium-quality video with ease
- Catering to professional needs with the new high capacity battery that lasts approx. 500 frames per charge
Tokyo, February 26, 2020 — FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) is pleased to announce the launch of the mirrorless digital camera “FUJIFILM X-T4” (X-T4) in April 2020, the latest addition to the X Series of mirrorless digital cameras known for their compact and lightweight body and superior image quality based on the company’s proprietary color reproduction technology. The X-T4 delivers the world’s fastest* 15fps shooting and a high-speed AF performance as fast as 0.02 seconds. This will be a new flagship model, boasting the highest performance in the history of the X Series including the use of a five-axis in-body image stabilization (IBIS) mechanism that offers up to 6.5 stops of image stabilization.
The X-T4 is a compact, lightweight and stylish mirrorless digital camera that inherits the “central viewfinder style” adopted by the X-T Series. The use of a newly-developed focal plane shutter enables burst-shooting at 15fps. This combines with a further-evolved algorithm for fast and highly-accurate AF performance at the speed as fast as 0.02 seconds, ensuring to capture a precious photo moment. The camera is also X-T Series’ first model equipped with a five-axis IBIS mechanism that gives up to 6.5-stop** advantage, making it a perfect choice for sports and other active shooting situations. The Film Simulation function, which reproduces colors and tonal expressions of photographic film Velvia and cinematic film ETERNA, has been added with the new ETERNA Bleach Bypass mode, adding richness with its high-contrast and low-saturation. The X-T4’s extended video functions include the 4K/60p 10bit video recording capability for smooth 4K video in rich colors, and a digital image stabilization (DIS) function for stable video footage with minimal camera shakes. Furthermore, a newly-developed high capacity battery will allow users to shoot approx. 500 frames per charge, catering to extended shooting requirements of professional photographers.
The X-T4 and other X Series of mirrorless cameras can be combined with a total of 35 interchangeable lenses specifically designed for the X Series, including the large-diameter mid-telephoto prime lens “FUJINON Lens XF50mmF1.0 R WR” to be released by the end of 2020, to cover a broad range of shooting categories.
Fujifilm will continue to communicate and deliver the wonder and joy of photography through its X Series of mirrorless cameras with APS-C sensors, GFX Series of mirrorless cameras with Large Format sensors*** and an extensive lineup of premium-quality lenses.
- *Among mirrorless digital cameras equipped with APS-C image sensors or larger, when using the mechanical shutter; As of February 26, 2020 according to Fujifilm
- **Offering 6.5-stop advantage for 18 out of 29 already-released interchangeable lenses (XF/XC lenses) for the X Series
- ***An image sensor measuring 55mm diagonally (43.8mm x 32.9mm), with the area approx. 1.7 times that of a full-frame 35mm sensor
1. Main product features
(1) World’s fastest 15fps burst shooting and AF speed as fast as 0.02 seconds ensuring to capture a precious moment
- The X-T4 uses a newly-developed focal plane shutter. It is driven by a high-performance motor to achieve 15fps burst shooting while also keeping its shutter release time lag*4 to just 0.035 seconds. The shutter is also twice as durable as the previous model*5 and also makes less noise.
- With the electronic shutter, the camera can achieve blackout-free burst shooting*6 of 30fps.
- An evolved algorithm is incorporated to attain AF as fast as 0.02 seconds.
- The camera’s outstanding capability to AF on a moving subject is evident in its ability to maintain focus on a subject that is approaching toward it as well as a subject that is moving away from it. Face / Eye AF performance has also been enhanced to make portraiture easier than ever before.
- *4Referring to the delay from the time when the shutter button is pressed to the time when an image is actually recorded
- *5Mirrorless digital camera “FUJIFILM X-T3”
- *6High-speed continuous shooting free from blackout, in which the viewfinder blacks out, causing the photographer to lose sight of a photo subject; This feature is only available when using the electronic shutter.
(2) IBIS and other features that support ease of use
- This is X-T Series’ first model equipped with the in-body image stabilization (IBIS) unit. The five-axis IBIS offers up to 6.5-stop advantage by using gyro sensors that can detect camera shakes at accuracy 8 times greater than before*7, and a shock-absorbing structure that can effectively controls minor shakes when the shutter button is pressed. The camera can be hand-held while shooting sports and other active scenes or in low light conditions such as night.
- The newly-developed high capacity battery “NP-W235” lasts for 500 frames*8 per charge in the Normal mode, 600 frames*8 per charge in the Economy mode and up to 1700 frames*8 per charge if it is combined with the vertical battery grip “VG-XT4” (optional), which can hold two “NP-W235” batteries.
- The Live View setting of viewfinder can be selected from three boost mode*9. According to shooting scenes and subjects, the user can choose from Low Light Priority mode which allows to see the subject clearly even when shooting in low light, Resolution Priority mode which displays the subject in fine details, or Frame Rate Priority mode which shows the motion of a subject smoothly.
- *7When compared with the IBIS unit equipped in the mirrorless digital camera “FUJIFILM X-H1”
- *8The number of frames per charge when shooting in JPEG while only using the rear LCD monitor
- *9The Live View setting of the rear LCD monitor can be selected from Low Light Priority mode or Resolution Priority mode.
(3) Achieving outstanding image quality with the use of unique color reproduction technology
- The X-T4 carries the back-illuminated 26.1MP sensor “X-Trans™ CMOS 4”*10 and a high-speed image processing engine “X-Processor 4.” Combined with Fujifilm’s color reproduction technology, nurtured over 80 years from developing photographic films, these latest devices deliver “memory colors,” such as vivid colors as one remembers them.
- The X-T4 features ETERNA Bleach Bypass mode, a new addition to the Film Simulation function, which provides versatile color tones. The new mode simulates “bleach bypass,” a traditional processing technique for developing photographic films, creating images in impressive atmosphere with low saturation and high contrast.
- The Auto White Balance function now has White Priority mode which reproduces natural white even under incandescent light, and Ambience Priority mode which provides a warmer tone.
- *10X-Trans™ is a trademark or registered trademark of FUJIFILM Corporation.
(4) Featuring extended video functions
- The X-T4 can record video at 4K/60P 4:2:0 10bit on a SD card inserted in the camera. Video output to external storage media via the HDMI port is at 4K/60P 4:2:2 10bit, which records more color information.
- The camera newly features the digital image stabilization (DIS) function, which makes fine adjustments to video framing to compensate for camera shakes, bringing maximum correction when shooting video hand-held.
- The X-T4 is capable of recording high-speed Full-HD video at 240P, producing up to 10x slow-motion effect even to a snap action of a fast-moving subject.
- There is a Still / Movie mode dial on the top panel, allowing the user to apply different settings of still images and videos. In the dedicated Movie optimized control mode, the camera stores pre-selected video settings, enabling swift transition from photo shooting to video recording.
2. Optional accessories
(1) Vertical battery grip “VG-XT4” (dedicated to the X-T4)
- The vertical battery grip is dust and moisture resistant and operates at temperatures as low as -10 degrees. It fits two of the high capacity battery “NP-W235.”
- The grip features various buttons in convenient locations for vertical shooting to provide the same level of operability with horizontal shooting.
(2) Dual battery charger “BC-W235”
- This charger can charge two high capacity NP-W235 batteries at the same time for added convenience.
(3) Cover kit “CVR-XT4” (dedicated to the X-T4)
- This is a cover kit for protecting various terminals on the camera.<Items contained in the kit>1 x Sync terminal cover1 x Hot shoe cover1 x Vertical battery grip terminal cover (black)1 x Vertical battery grip terminal cover (silver)1 x Memory card slot cover
(4) Shoe-mount flash “EF-X8”
- This is an external flash that helps users to take high-quality images even in low-light conditions such as outdoors at night or in a room.