- Canon 5DS R & 5DS First Shots: Production sample lab shots are now available! – Imaging Resource
- Production Canon EOS 5DS and 5DS R added to studio test scene – DPReview
- Final firmware Canon EOS 5DSR real-world samples posted – DPReview
- Canon EOS 5Ds (Fashion) Sample Images – Photography Blog
- Canon EOS 5Ds R Review – First Impressions – OMG! – Martin Bailey Photograhpy
- Canon EOS 5DS and 5DS R vs Nikon D810: 9 key differences you need to know – Digital Camera World
- Joel Santos: exploring Portugal with the EOS 5DS – Canon Professional Network
- The proof is in the pudding: the real advantage of the EOS 5DS – Canon Professional Network
- The EOS 5DS: a DSLR for fine art photographers – Canon Professional Network
- LED light painting with a BMX and the EOS 5DS – Canon Professional Network
- Taking a photo trip with Canon’s new EOS 5DS – Canon Professional Network
- The EOS 5DS: a DSLR for advertising photographers – Canon Professional Network
- Exploring the EOS 5DS: Fernando Guerra on architecture – Canon Professional Network
- Exploring the EOS 5DS: David Noton on landscapes – Canon Professional Network
- Who’s Getting in Line for the New Canon EOS 5DS or 5DS-R Cameras? – Digital Photography School
Canon’s new megapixel champions, the world’s highest resolution full-frame cameras started shipping, and reviews and first impression are showing up everywhere.
Some early thoughts about the EOS 5DS R by Ming Thein.
I expect in real terms the difference in pixel size is going to mean a tradeoff between resolution and dynamic range – though it’s too early to conclude for sure. I do believe that the gain in printability – assuming lenses that are of sufficient quality – will be noticeable. I’m also curious about some of the other lenses for the Canon system that have no Nikon equivalents – the 17 TSE, for instance, and the MPE-65.
Megapixel magic in the frozen north – Canon Professional Network
Travel photographer and Canon Explorer Lucie Debelkova was one of the first to shoot with the high-resolution EOS 5DS R and, as she explains to CPN, she found 50.6 Megapixels brought her much closer to the magic of the north.
Canon EOS 5DS review-in-progress (lots of sample photos) – Camera Labs
[…] if you want the highest possible resolution while staying with the EF system, the 5DS is the camera for you. It captures images with 8688×5792 pixels, compared to 7360×4912 on the D810, allowing you to output four inches wider at 300dpi. If we’re staying within Canon’s World, it’s a huge jump from the 5760×3840 pixels of the EOS 5D Mark III: you can output at 29x19in with the 5DS versus 19x13in for the EOS 5D Mark III at 300dpi.
Review: Canon 5DS and 5DS R — The Nifty Fifties? – PetaPixel
With 50MP of resolution on tap, the sensor delivers details and sharpness in truckloads. My Photoshop became the equivalent of Google Earth — keep zooming into the image and you’d discover details you never imagine existed. You see television detectives screaming “enhance!” to get their lab technicians to reveal the vehicle registration number from surveillance footages? That’s exactly how I felt as I kept zooming in to unravel more details from the 5DS images […]
It appears the Canon EOS 5DS and EOS 5DS R are starting to ship in Europe. I got word from readers that resellers in Italy and Germany are going to ship pre-orders next week. Never the less, both cameras are still not available for pre-order on Amazon Germany or Amazon UK, and other Amazon EU sites.
How does the Canon EOS 5DS pair with what is considered Canon’s best standard zoom lens for full-frame cameras, the Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II?
Roger Cicala and Aaron Closz of LensRentals did it. They disassembled a brand new Canon EOS 5DS.
The post comes with many images documenting the whole teardown step by step. You can’t miss this. Weather sealing, circuit boards, everything is carefully analysed. At the end:
Outside of the stuff we already know about the new Canon cameras, there were not many surprises looking inside, and the few surprises we had were positive. There was Canon’s usual very clean design and layout. There were incremental improvements in the engineering, like the separated I/O system, more robust tripod mount assembly, and improved inner tapes and shields.
Jump over to LensRentals for images and description.
How does the world’s highest resolution full-frame DSLR go along with the world’s sharpest lens?
Photography Blog just posted 25 JPG (Fine Detail picture style) and 25 raw images taken with a final production version of the Canon EOS 5Ds and the Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 lens. The images are straight out of the camera with no post-processing.
Canon EOS 5DS: B&H Photo, Adorama, Amazon USA, Amazon Canada, Canon Canada, Canon USA | Canon EOS 5DS R: B&H Photo, Adorama, Amazon USA, Amazon Canada, Canon Canada, Canon USA |
Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4: B&H Photo, Adorama, Amazon USA, Amazon Canada, Canon Canada, Canon USA