Two days after the Canon EOS R3 announcement and already Canon tells us they have…
It seems that the previously leaked Europe price for the Canon EOS R3 wasn’t that reliable. A new leak suggests a different price and we think it is more plausible.
Always reliable Nokishita tweeted that the Europe price for the Canon EOS R3 might be €6,099. Take this for granted since Nokishita is never wrong.
Moreover, the RF 100-400mm F5.6-8 IS lens, also going to be announced along with the EOS R3 will be €749, and the Rf 16mm f/2.8 STM will be €349.
The announcement is scheduled for September 14, 2021. It will be the one MILC that’s born to rule, in Canon’s own words.
While waiting for the one that’s born to rule, have a look how impressing the 30fps of the R3 are. We expect the announcement in Fall 2021, likely in September. Here is what we know about the EOS R3 so far:
- 24MP backside illuminated image sensor
- Multi-Controller & Smart Controller
- Vari-Angle Touch Screen
- NEW accessory shoe
- Wifi 5GHz
- High speed 30fps electronic shutter with AF/AE tracking + RAW shooting at this speed
- AF down to -7.0 EV
- 8 Stops Coordinated Control IS with Optical IS and In-Body IS
- 4K Canon Log3
- Oversampling 4K
- Internal RAW video
- Inclusion of cars and motorbikes in AF tracking technology
- RAW internal movie recording
- Speedlite shooting with electronic shutter
- The same weather sealing as the EOS-1D series
- LP-E19 Battery
- Dual card slot SD & CFExpress
All our EOS R3 coverage is listed here, product images are here and here. There has been some discussion about who makes the imaging sensor of the EOS R3. You can get notified when the Canon EOS R3 will be available for preorder.