- Build A Mega 50MP+ Wide Angle Digital Pinhole Lens –> read it here
- Presence: Invisible Portraits of Celebrities Hiding from the Camera –> read it here
- Using Canon’s 7D to Make Killer Slow Motion Video –> read it here
- Photographer Behind Infamous Subway Photo Gives Interview on Today Show –> read it here
- Black Marble: NASA Releases Incredibly Detailed Photos of Earth at Night –> read it here
- Canon-Nikon guys….would you join Sony if they would make this? –> read it here
- What Photoshop Tutorials Would Look Like If They Were Made By Sesame Street –> read it here
- Five Reasons Landscape Photographers Love Washington State –> read it here
- Photo of Iceberg that Sank the Titanic to Be Auctioned, Expected to Fetch $10K –> read it here
- Review – Canon EF 100 f/2.8L IS Macro –> read it here
- Long Exposure Fireworks Tutorial –> read it here
- Compact Digital Cameras (Powershot G15) –> read it here
- Exploring China with Time-lapse Photography –> read it here
- Photographer Has His Canon 5D Mark EOS II Stolen and Killed by a Lion –> read it here
- The Entire Night’s Sky Captured with an 8mm Fisheye –> read it here
- From camera obscura to digital: A history of photography in 76 seconds (video) –> read it here
According to mobilenapps.com the Canon EOS-1D C is hitting stores in Japan, and should be available worldwide in the next weeks. The manual is already available for download. If you can’t afford this $12000 beast, you can get an idea about what this gear can do by reading the manual.mobilenapps via slashcam.de]
Update: the Xitek forum thread where the scanned pages showed up is here (thanks Mike)
Japanese magazine Impress published their Canon predictions for 2013. They are usually very accurate, so we should take this seriously. The scanned magazine page appeared on the Chinese Xitek forum. The figure near the images are the probability percentage estimates.
- EOS 7D Mark II will have a newly developed sensor, 10fps burst rate, and ISO up to 25600
- EOS 70D will have same sensor as 7D Mark II, burst rate limited to 3fps, ISO 25600
- EOS M2, the second iteration of Canon's mirrorless camera will be released in 2013
- EOS 1DSx, that's the name of Canon's high megapixel DSLR.
That's it. We can only wait…. :-)[via CR, NL]
This is another rumor concerning the fabled 3D. Canon Rumors reports that they have been
[…] told that multiple large megapixel sensors exist, and one that is sure to reach market is a 39.3mp sensor.
There was also a mention of the next image processing unit, which should be the Digic 6:
There is also a suggestion that we will see DIGIC VI processors before the larger megapixel camera(s) reach the market in late 2013 or early 2014.
Finally, it is suggested that there will be APS-C related and lens announcements/releases before the large megapixel camera(s) will be presented.
I wish a happy New Year to all of you.
May all your wishes become reality!
Happy New Year deals for all of us. eBay Power Seller bigvalueinc has three interesting deals going on.
First, the Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Autofocus Lens is sold for . That’s a steal for a lens that usually comes for over 1000 bucks. Canon USA warranty and free shipping in the US.
Second, the Rebel T4i with the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II lens is sold for . Another good deal for a kit that usually goes for around $650 at best. USA warranty and free shipping in the US.
Third, could we miss another one?, an EOS 5D Mark III deal. Canon’s professional full frame DSLR is sold for . Again: Canon USA warranty and free shiping in the US.
Happy New Year to all!!