With a DxOMark Sensor score 71 the G7 X ranks highly in our database rivaling classics such as the original full-frame Canon EOS 5D, the APS-C Nikon D300s and more modern designs such as the micro four thirds Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 and GM1 and outperforming the Nikon 1 series models with the same size sensor, such as the S1 at 56 points.
More coverage about the amazing little Powershot G7 X here.[via DxOMark]
Powershot G7 X features (from Adorama’s product page):
- New 1.0-inch, 20.2 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor: combined with Canon’s powerful DIGIC 6 Image Processor creates the Canon HS SYSTEM for outstanding low-light performance up to ISO 12800, enhanced image quality, and fast operation.
- A bright f/1.8(W).f/2.8(T), 4.2x Optical Zoom: (24mm.100mm), 9-blade iris diaphragm and IS equipped lens enables you to capture more in your frame, and is ideal for low-light conditions or using shallow depth-of-field for dramatic, soft backgrounds. Focus range starts at 2.0 in. for Macro and 1.3ft. for Tele.
- Selfie-ready multi-angle capacitive 3.0″ touch panel LCD: with a screen resolution of 1,040K dots or a sharp, clear display and easy operation and sharing.
- High-Speed AF: (0.14sec.) greatly improves focus speed. 31 AF points provide an expanded and more accurate focus area. Paired with continuous shooting speeds of up to 6.5 fps and the removal of buffer time, you can get your best shot in full resolution.
- Built-in NFC (Near Field Communication): allows quick and ed) simple pairing to a compatible Android device
- Capture stunning 1080p/60p Full HD video: for lifelike images and convenient playback on an HDTV via the HDMI output. Record at up to 60 fps for even more detailed, superb results in MP4 format.
- Intelligent IS: automatically chooses from eight different modes to optimize image stabilization for virtually shake-free images in a wide variety of conditions.
- Convenient control ring, exposure dial, and mode dial: provide intuitive manual adjustment.
- Shoot breathtaking images and video of the stars: with Star Mode designed to better capture the brilliance and wonder of the night sky.
World-wide order links after the break