I might have mixed up some things, but...didn't we already knew that Canon would open…
More RF mount cameras are coming, so let’s sum up what we can expect Canon to bring to the EOS R line-up.
Please note that you won’t find new rumors in the list below. It is what most likely Canon will announce for the EOS R lineup in 2021:
- Canon EOS RP replacement. Another entry level camera to be announced, said to be less expensive than the EOS RP. At least one Canon exec thinks that’s possible.
- A camera to sit between the EOS RP replacement and the EOS R6. An EOS R Mark II seems to be unlikely.
- An EOS R camera with APS-C imaging sensor. While we still have some perplexities about this rumor, it seems now to be assessed. Still, not sure if it makes any sense given the EOS M series.
- A high resolution EOS R camera, maybe a high res EOS R5 version. No doubts here. This one is coming and it seems to already undergo field testing. It might have a sensor resolution of around 80MP.
- And finally, we also expect Canon to release a flagship tier EOS R body, something that’s equivalent to the EOS-1D X Mark III.
- To conclude, Cinema cameras with RF mount might also be on Canon’s 2021 release radat. A Cinema EOS C50 and EOS C90 might get announced.
No doubt that Canon is endorsing their EOS R system. Stay tuned.
Source: Canon Rumors