A lot of lenses coming for the Canon EOS R full frame mirrorless camera system.…
Nothing new, just more hints about the resolution of the upcoming Canon EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II.
The 32MP resolution has already suggested by previous rumors. However, given the amount of mails in our inbox suggesting it over and over, it seems now very likely this will be the resolution of Canon’s next generation of APS-C cameras, both MILC and DSLR.
So far, these are the rumored Canon EOS 90D specifications:
- 32.5mp APS-C DPAF Sensor
- Dual DIGIC 8
- Dual SD card slots
- 10fps still shooting
- ISO range of 100-51,200
- 45 AF points (no word on the number of cross-type points)
- 4K video at 24/25, 30 and 60fps (No word on DPAF in 4K recording)
- 3.2″ rear articulating LCD
- Dust and moisture sealing
- Built-in wifi and Bluetooth
- $1399 USD price at launch
- Coming late August 2019
We still recommend to take it with a grain of salt. We expect the announcement on August 28th, 2019. Images and reliable specifications should leak very soon. For those who missed it: Canon will most likely replace both the EOS 80D and EOS 7D Mark II with the EOS 90D.
Most likely Canon will not announced just the EOS 90D on August 28th. We expect the EOS M6 Mark II to get announced as well. A alleged specification list for the EOS M6 Mark II has also already leaked (here too: take it with a grain of salt):
- 32.5 mp APS-C CMOS sensor (new sensor technology for higher dynamic range)
- DIGIC 8+ Imaging Processor
- 4K up to 30p (with no crop or 1.3x no pixel binning crop), Full HD up to 180p
- No Canon Log but new Movie Picture Style
- Dual Pixel AF Focus Guide
- New Selfie mode and Vlog mode
- Enhanced Movie IS
- High-speed continuous shooting at a maximum of 16 FPS (with AE/AF)
- RAW Burst mode at 30 FPS (with AE/AF)
- Dual Pixel AF with expanded area
- Eye AF (tracking possible)
- Electronic shutter 1/16000s
- Focus Bracketing
- Supports external electronic viewfinder
- USB-C charge power supply
Moreover, from leaked certification data, we know that there is also a Rebel DSLR or entry level EOS M on Canon’s agenda. This new Rebel/EOS M could well be announced along with the EOS 90D but we didn’t get any reliable information so far.
What else can we expect from Canon in the near future? A couple of lenses for the EOS R system are on their way. The Canon RF24-70mm F2.8 L IS USM and Canon RF15-35mm F2.8 L IS USM are expected to be announced before the end of 2019 but for the time being we do not know if they will be announced along with the EOS 90D. It’s more likely that not. Probably these lenses will be announced along with the upcoming high resolution EOS R camera, still before the end of 2019.
Stay tuned, there is more to come soon…