EDIT: Thanks to Robert M for having pointed out in the comment section that there…
Canon’s full-frame mirrorless camera will have same internals as EOS 6D Mark II [CW3]
After yesterday’s rehash of all our EOS 6D Mark II rumors, I am glad I’ve got a new and fresh rumor. This rumor should also redefine (=nullify) a weird EOS 6D Mark II rumor I got some time ago.
I’ve been told (thanks) that the upcoming full-frame mirrorless camera we are sure Canon is working on, will have the same internals (bar the mirror box etc) as the upcoming EOS 6D Mark II. That’s to say that Canon’s full-frame mirrorless camera will most likely have the same specifications as the EOS 6D Mark II. They will relate like the EOS M5 and the EOS 80D.
This rumor is credible. Building a full-frame mirrorless camera using the EOS 6D Mark II components makes a lot of sense. Taking a successful DSLR and stripping it of all the mirror box related stuff worked with the EOS M5, it will work again with the full-frame MILC. This must work fine for Canon: taking the sensor, circuits, electronics, AF etc from a DSLR and fitting everything in a mirrorless camera body.
So far, this is the rumored specification list for the EOS 6D Mark II, which we think will also apply to Canon’s full-frame mirrorless camera.
- All new sensor, rumored to have 28MP (we reported first here and here and here)
- Dual SD slots (does not apply to MILC)
- Tilting LCD (we reported first here)
- Touchscreen (we reported first here)
- DIGIC 7
- Aiming for a sub $2000 USD body only price (we told you first here)
- DPAF (we reported first here)
- Possibly 4K in some capacity (we were told no 4K, 1080p 60fps instead)
- Wifi, NFC & Wireless charging (we reported first in 2015)
- Larger viewfinder (does not apply to MILC)
- New AF system (we reported first here, does not apply to the MILC)
The EOS 6D Mark II is expected to be announced before Summer 2017. I not sure yet when Canon’s full-frame MILC will be announced. It may be towards the end of 2017.