Recently I got hints from various sources (thanks) that Canon may not announce nor release the Canon EOS 6D Mark II in 2017.
A 2017 announcement for the EOS 6D Mark II seems indeed getting less likely. There are still no hints or serious suggestions neither about the specifications nor for the release date. There is a lot of speculation going around the web, looks mainly to be good to keep the EOS 6D Mark II buzz on.
Last year I got some weird rumors, suggesting Canon may not release an EOS 6D Mark II, but instead a mirrorless full-frame camera (see here and here). Well, doesn’t it appear more and more likely it may go this way?
The Canon EOS 6D Mark II is long overdue
We now have reasons to think Canon is eventually taking mirrorless seriously. Canon has the skills and the know-how to build a truly professional mirrorless full-frame camera. Such a camera, if done seriously, may well take the place of an EOS 6D Mark II, both on the shelves and in the mind of photographers.
A list of possible specifications for the EOS 6D Mark II
Rumored for the EOS 6D Mark II, these specs may refer also to the mirrorless full-frame camera. Most of the specs were published first here on Canon Watch:
- All new sensor, rumored to have 28MP (we reported first here and here and here)
- Tilting LCD (we reported first here)
- Touchscreen (we reported first here)
- DIGIC 7
- Aiming for a sub $2000 USD body only price (we told you first here)
- DPAF (we reported first here)
- Possibly 4K in some capacity (we were told no 4K, 1080p 60fps instead)
- Wifi, NFC & Wireless charging (we reported first in 2015)
- Larger viewfinder
- New AF system (we reported first here)
I am curious to learn what you think about the Canon EOS 6D Mark II and the possibility we may see a mirrorless full-frame instead. Sound off in the comment section.
All Canon EOS 6D Mark II rumors are listed here.