Dual Pixel AF was true innovation when first launched by Canon on the EOS 70D.…
Here is a new Canon patent application, spotted by Hi Lows Note.
Canon patent application P2020-34631A discusses optical formulas for an RF 24-150mm lens for the Canon EOS R full frame mirrorless system.
- Focal length: 24.70 58.34 145.80 mm
- F number: 4.12 4.12 4.12
- Half angle of view: 38.43 20.35 8.44
- Lens length: 116.35 134.13 162.90 mm
- Back focus: 18.26 15.54 24.00 mm
More Canon patent applications are listed here. Some particularly interesting patent applications we think might get into production are these:
- A battery grip that works with differently sized cameras
- A 100-400mm f/5.5-7.1 lens for APS-C cameras. EOS M or DSLR?
- RF 17-70mm lens for EOS R system
- IBIS coming to the EOS M and PowerShot lineup?
- Patent Application: mirrorless camera with large display and virtual control wheel
- Patent Application: IBIS and Lens IS Working Together
- Patent application for high speed mirror movement and control
- Patent application for an RF 14-28mm f/2 lens
- Patent application for an RF 50mm f/1.8 lens
- Patent application for a smart lens cap
- Patent application for celestial auto-focus
- Patent application describing a Pop-Up Flash With LED
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files