A new Thursday, a new Canon patent. Not surprising yet another one for the RF…
I think it’s just logic to expect that Canon will continuously release RF mount versions of most of the lenses currently existing for the EF mount. RF mount macro lenses for sure too.
Two Canon patent applications in Japan (2020-60660A and 2020-60661A, spotted by Hi Lows Note), show that Canon R&D departments are working on such lenses, and we think here too we have a patent application that might hit the market sooner or later. Optical formulas for RF mount macro lenses with focal lengths of 90mm, 100mm and 180mm, all f/2.8, are discussed in the patent applications.
More Canon patent applications are listed here. Some particularly interesting patent applications we think might get into production are these:
- A 8mm f/4 circular fisheye lens for the Canon EOS R system
- A battery grip that works with differently siszed cameras
- A 100-400mm f/5.5-7.1 lens for APS-C cameras. EOS M or DSLR?
- RF 17-70mm lens for EOS R system
- IBIS coming to the EOS M and PowerShot lineup?
- Patent Application: mirrorless camera with large display and virtual control wheel
- Patent Application: IBIS and Lens IS Working Together
- Patent application for high speed mirror movement and control
- Patent application for an RF 14-28mm f/2 lens
- Patent application for an RF 50mm f/1.8 lens
- Patent application for a smart lens cap
- Patent application for celestial auto-focus
- Patent application describing a Pop-Up Flash With LED
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files