It seems Canon wants to do things right, as we are used to. Canon patent application 2019-0199930 (US) describes technology and methods to make three image stabilisation systems work together. The patent discusses how to combine lens image stabilisation, IBIS, and digital image stabilisation.
Another Canon patent application discusses how to make IBIS and lens IS work together smoothly.
More Canon patent applications are listed here. Some particularly interesting patent applications we think might get into production are these:
- Patent application for a smart lens cap
- Patent application for celestial auto-focus
- Patent application describing a Pop-Up Flash With LED
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files