Canon press release: MELVILLE, N.Y., September 12, 2023 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital…
Any doubt left that the Canon EOS R5 announcement is imminent? Here is another proof it’s coming.
Adobe added support for the Canon EOS R5 files to Premier Pro.
- Enhanced bitrate controls for JPEG 2000 MXF export
- Import of Canon EOS R5 footage
- Import of Canon EOS-1D X Mark III footage
- Import of RED Komodo footage
Premiere Pro is just the first Adobe product to get official EOS 5 support, all the other will follow soon.
Canon already partially disclosed specifications and features (1 | 2) of the EOS R5, and there is not much left to discover but the price. After the last specification reveal there are even some videos to watch. All R5 coverage is listed here. All we know about the Canon EOS R5 specifications is listed below.
- Imaging sensor: 45mp full frame format
- The EOS R5 features 5-axis IBIS, and it can work with optical image stabilisation found in many Canon lenses:
- Frames per second: 12fps (20fps electronic shutter)
- Video features:
- 4K at 120fps
- 4K @at60fps
- 8K RAW internal video recording up to 29.97 fps
- 8K internal recording up to 29.97 fps in 4:2:2 10-bit Canon Log (H.265) and 4:2:2 10-bit HDR PQ (H.265).
- 4K internal recording up to 119.88 fps in 4:2:2 10-bit Canon Log (H.265)/4:2:2 10-bit HDR PQ (H.265). 4K external recording is also available up to 59.94 fps
- 8K and 4K video capture without crop factor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF available in all 8K and 4K modes
- Canon Log available in 8K and 4K internal recording modes
- Dual card slots: CFexpress and SD UHS-II
- 5GHz WiFi
- New battery
- Price likely around/below US$4000
- Coming July 2020