The Canon EOS R5 already surfaced at certification authorities.
What do we know about the Canon EOS R5?
Quite a bit. Canon announced the development months ago, and then later on released a second press communication to stop “fantasy speculations” about their upcoming game changer. We also know that Canon sees the EOS R5 as a mirrorless 5-series camera. And we know that there might be some delays because of the global pandemic. A lot of product pictures are also available.
Summing up everything, here is what we know about the EOS R5:
- 45mp full frame CMOS sensor
- IBIS (In Body Image Stabilisation)5 stops with IBIS alone
- 7-8 stops of correction when used with in-lens stabilization
- 8K video with 29.97fps (30fps)
- No-Crop on 8K video
- Dual Pixel AF available in 8K
- Internal recording
- Animal detection autofocus – tracks animal subjects (dogs, cats, birds, etc.) by detecting the body, face, or eye of the subject.
- 12fps mechanical, 20fps electronic
- Scroll wheel added to the back
- No touch bar
- Liveview/Movie toggle like previous EOS DSLRs
- Larger capacity battery, but looks like the LP-E6
- Built-in 5GHz WiFi
- New battery, but the same shape and compatibility as the EOS 5D Mark IV
- Shipping in July 2020
All EOS R5 rumors and known facts are listed here.