Note: we are not talking about eye-autofocus here, but about eye controlled AF. Something Canon featured already on film cameras (e.g. Canon EOS-3).
Canon parent application 2019-129461 discusses method and technology for an eye controlled AF system on a mirrorless camera. Eye controlled AF focuses, and decides where the focus point is, according to the eye position.
More Canon patent applications are listed here. Some particularly interesting patent applications we think might get into production are these:
- Patent application for a smart lens cap
- Patent application for celestial auto-focus
- Patent application describing a Pop-Up Flash With LED
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files
Source: Canon News