Canon EOS-1D X Mark II at a glance:
- 20.2MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- Dual DIGIC 6+ Image Processors
- 3.2″ 1.62m-Dot Touchscreen LCD Monitor
- DCI 4K Video at 60 fps, 8.8MP Still Grab
- 61-Point High Density Reticular AF II
- Native ISO 51200, Expanded to ISO 409600
- 14 fps Shooting, 16 fps in Live View
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF and Movie Servo AF
- Built-In GPS, CFast & CF Card Slots
TOKYO, April 18, 2016—Beginning on April 14, 2016, a series of earthquakes have struck Kumamoto and Oita prefectures on Japan’s southern island of Kyushu, causing extensive destruction and loss of life. We at Canon would like to extend our heartfelt condolences to all those affected by this disaster and our thoughts go out to those suffering in its aftermath.
While we realize that the road to recovery will be challenging and time-consuming, we hope that the region will soon be able to begin the rebuilding and healing process.
To aid in the relief efforts for the earthquake victims, the Canon Group is making a donation of 10 million yen (approximately US$92,600) to the Japanese Red Cross Society.
- Currency translation based on exchange rate of US$1=JPY108.
Canon COMPACT-SERVO 18-80mm at a glance (taken from Adorama’s product page, pre-orders possible):
- Covers 18-80mm Focal Length with Servo Control Capability: The lens is equipped with an electronic zoom that delivers smooth, quiet and stable zooming from high speed to low speed across the entire 18 80mm zoom range.
- High-level 4K Optical Performance: Designed to fulfill contemporary 4K production standards, the lens provides superb optical performance with 4K support through the entire zoom range, from the center to the perimeter of the image.
- No-step Iris Mechanism for Motion Picture Shooting: Smooth, no-step iris operation can be controlled manually or electronically. The iris can be closed at the minimum aperture.
- Focus Breathing: Featuring zoom and focus mechanisms suitable for video shooting, the variance in angle of view during focusing is minimized
- Newly Developed Servo Drive Unit: The newly developed servo drive unit allows you to control zoom, focus and iris over servo.
- Compact and Lightweight: For Increased Mobility and Versatility
- Autofocus Function: The lens is equipped with an ultrasonic motor (USM) to support Dual Pixel CMOS AF (Auto-Focus) and the Dual Pixel Focus Guide.
- Image Stabilization: Featuring optical-shift image stabilization, this lens provides strong IS from low to high frequencies to help enable stable shooting
- EF Communication Functions Ideal for Video Shooting: The lens supports various EF communication functions via the electronic contacts of the EF mount
The folks at NewsShooter are at NAB 2016 and had a close look at Canon’s COMPACT-SERVO 18-80mm lightweight cine zoom lens. Well, they were impressed. Watch the video below.[via NewsShooter]
Canon PIXMA Pro-100 at a glance:
- 4800 x 2400 dpi
- Print 8 x 10″ in 51 Seconds
- Wi-Fi, Ethernet, AirPrint, PictBridge
- Print Sizes up to 13 x 19″
- 8 Ink Cartridges Including 3 Monochrome
- CD, DVD, Blu-ray Printing
- Print Studio Pro for Photoshop, DPP
You can get the Canon PIXMA Pro-100 Photo Printer at B&H Photo on sale at just $99, after $50 instant discount via coupon code BHNAB16, and a $250 mail-in rebate (instructions). Cool deal for a very good photo printer, and it includes 50 sheets of Canon Photo Paper Pro Luster (13 x 19″).
The PIXMA Pro-100 usually is included in Canon DSLR bundles. At $99 it’s a no brainer.