That's what a Canon patent application seems to suggest, a 300mm f/2.3 mirror lens. Read…
Is Canon planning some VR (Virtual Reality) production system based on the Canon EOS R camera system? A patent application appears to suggest exactly this.
Canon patent application 2020-42197A (Japan) discusses optical formulas for a dual view anamorphic optic for 35mm full-frame mirrorless cameras (i.e. the Canon EOS R system).
- Focal length: vertical 7.44 mm, horizontal 5,57 mm
- F number: 4.00, 2.81
- Half angle of view: 90, 90
- Image height: 11,75 mm, 8.75 mm
- Lens length: 100.00 mm
- Back focus: 15.92 mm
Intriguing, isn’t it? What plans does Canon have with the EOS R system and the RF mount? At least it has become very clear that Canon is very committed to their new full frame mirrorless system.
More Canon patent applications are listed here. Some particularly interesting patent applications we think might get into production are these:
- A battery grip that works with differently siszed cameras
- A 100-400mm f/5.5-7.1 lens for APS-C cameras. EOS M or DSLR?
- RF 17-70mm lens for EOS R system
- IBIS coming to the EOS M and PowerShot lineup?
- Patent Application: mirrorless camera with large display and virtual control wheel
- Patent Application: IBIS and Lens IS Working Together
- Patent application for high speed mirror movement and control
- Patent application for an RF 14-28mm f/2 lens
- Patent application for an RF 50mm f/1.8 lens
- Patent application for a smart lens cap
- Patent application for celestial auto-focus
- Patent application describing a Pop-Up Flash With LED
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files
[via Hi Lows Note]