Canon patent application US10375639 discusses technology to wireless charge a battery. Looking at the patent’s images, it seems that the patent clearly refers to wireless charging a camera’s battery.
A power transmission apparatus includes a communication unit that executes communication with an electronic apparatus, a power transmission unit that wirelessly supplies power to the electronic apparatus, and a control unit that controls communication and power supply to be executed alternately, wherein the control unit adjusts communication power of the communication unit and transmission power of the power transmission unit and/or a length of a communication period and a length of a power transmission period, so that an average magnetic field intensity does not exceed a first magnetic field intensity in a predetermined region throughout the communication period of communication executed by the communication unit and the power transmission period of power transmission executed by the power transmission unit.
More Canon patent applications are listed here. Some particularly interesting patent applications we think might get into production are these:
- A 8mm f/4 circular fisheye lens for the Canon EOS R system
- A battery grip that works with differently siszed cameras
- A 100-400mm f/5.5-7.1 lens for APS-C cameras. EOS M or DSLR?
- RF 17-70mm lens for EOS R system
- IBIS coming to the EOS M and PowerShot lineup?
- Patent Application: mirrorless camera with large display and virtual control wheel
- Patent Application: IBIS and Lens IS Working Together
- Patent application for high speed mirror movement and control
- Patent application for an RF 14-28mm f/2 lens
- Patent application for an RF 50mm f/1.8 lens
- Patent application for a smart lens cap
- Patent application for celestial auto-focus
- Patent application describing a Pop-Up Flash With LED
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files