Here is another Canon patent application dealing with a lens for the Canon EOS R full frame mirrorless system.
Canon patent application P2020-30251A (Japan) discusses optical formulas for a 13-21mm f/2.8 lens for a full frame mirrorless camera system, i.e. for the EOS R system.
- Zoom ratio: 1.58
- Focal length: 13.40 17.30 21.20 mm
- F number: 2.88 2.88 2.88
- Half angle of view: 58.23 51.35 45.58
- Image height: 21.64 21.64 21.64 mm
- Lens length: 150.15 136.89 130.04 mm
- Back focus: 20.96 25.13 29.31 mm
This might well be a lens that goes into production, sooner or later.
More Canon patent applications are listed here. Some particularly interesting patent applications we think might get into production are these:
- A 100-400mm f/5.5-7.1 lens for APS-C cameras. EOS M or DSLR?
- RF 17-70mm lens for EOS R system
- IBIS coming to the EOS M and PowerShot lineup?
- Patent Application: mirrorless camera with large display and virtual control wheel
- Patent Application: IBIS and Lens IS Working Together
- Patent application for high speed mirror movement and control
- Patent application for an RF 14-28mm f/2 lens
- Patent application for an RF 50mm f/1.8 lens
- Patent application for a smart lens cap
- Patent application for celestial auto-focus
- Patent application describing a Pop-Up Flash With LED
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files