A new Canon patent for telephoto lenses with built-in teleconverter. For what mount? RF mount.…
And yet another Canon patent application dealing with RF mount lenses.
Canon patent application 2020-0326505 (USA) discusses optical formula for a bunch of f/1.8 lenses for the EOS R.
- 105mm f/1.8
- 130mm f/1.8
- 150mm f/1.8
Not unlikely these lenses will hit the market, sooner or later.
More Canon patent applications are listed here. Some particularly interesting patent applications we think might get into production are these:
- A cooling adapter for the RF mount (R5 overheating?)
- A bunch of macro lenses for the RF mount.
- A 8mm f/4 circular fisheye lens for the Canon EOS R system
- A battery grip that works with differently siszed cameras
- A 100-400mm f/5.5-7.1 lens for APS-C cameras. EOS M or DSLR?
- RF 17-70mm lens for EOS R system
- IBIS coming to the EOS M and PowerShot lineup?
- Patent Application: mirrorless camera with large display and virtual control wheel
- Patent Application: IBIS and Lens IS Working Together
- Patent application for high speed mirror movement and control
- Patent application for an RF 14-28mm f/2 lens
- Patent application for an RF 50mm f/1.8 lens
- Patent application for a smart lens cap
- Patent application for celestial auto-focus
- Patent application describing a Pop-Up Flash With LED
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files