It took Canon a long time to feature IBIS (In Body Image Stabilization) on their…
After the Canon patent application for a lens with built in vacuum cleaner, here is another interesting patent application filed by Canon.
Canon patent application 2019-185021 (Japan) discusses a high power flash unit with a built-in air cooling system. Air is sucked into the flash unit, passes through or around the flash head (the part that gets hottest) and is then put out. Effective cooling system.
An object of the present invention is to provide a lighting device capable of protecting a member related to light emission from heat associated with light emission. A light source, a first optical member that transmits light emitted from the light source, and a light source that transmits light emitted from the light source are disposed between the light source and the first optical member. The second optical member and the air sucked from the first space, which is the inner space including the light source, on the light source side of the second optical member, and the first optical member and the second optical member. An air blowing mechanism that sends the air to a second space that is a space between the optical members.
More Canon patent applications are listed here. Some particularly interesting patent applications we think might get into production are these:
- A cooling adapter for the RF mount (R5 overheating?)
- A bunch of macro lenses for the RF mount.
- A 8mm f/4 circular fisheye lens for the Canon EOS R system
- A battery grip that works with differently siszed cameras
- A 100-400mm f/5.5-7.1 lens for APS-C cameras. EOS M or DSLR?
- RF 17-70mm lens for EOS R system
- IBIS coming to the EOS M and PowerShot lineup?
- Patent Application: mirrorless camera with large display and virtual control wheel
- Patent Application: IBIS and Lens IS Working Together
- Patent application for high speed mirror movement and control
- Patent application for an RF 14-28mm f/2 lens
- Patent application for an RF 50mm f/1.8 lens
- Patent application for a smart lens cap
- Patent application for celestial auto-focus
- Patent application describing a Pop-Up Flash With LED
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files