Another Canon patent application for RF mount lenses: RF 24-100mm f/4 and 24-105mm f/4 IS.
Canon patent application 2020-67542A (Japan) discusses optical formulas for an RF 24-100mm f/4 and an RF 24-105mm f/4 IS lens.
RF 24-100mm f/4:
- Zoom ratio: 4.13
- Focal length: 24.72 53.96 102.00 mm
- F number: 4.12 4.12 4.12
- Half angle of view: 41.19 21.85 11.98
- Image height: 21.64 21.64 21.64 mm
- Lens length: 133.43 152.26 171.08 mm
- Back focus: 18.51 32.77 43.74 mm
More Canon patent applications are listed here. Some particularly interesting patent applications we think might get into production are these:
- A 8mm f/4 circular fisheye lens for the Canon EOS R system
- A battery grip that works with differently siszed cameras
- A 100-400mm f/5.5-7.1 lens for APS-C cameras. EOS M or DSLR?
- RF 17-70mm lens for EOS R system
- IBIS coming to the EOS M and PowerShot lineup?
- Patent Application: mirrorless camera with large display and virtual control wheel
- Patent Application: IBIS and Lens IS Working Together
- Patent application for high speed mirror movement and control
- Patent application for an RF 14-28mm f/2 lens
- Patent application for an RF 50mm f/1.8 lens
- Patent application for a smart lens cap
- Patent application for celestial auto-focus
- Patent application describing a Pop-Up Flash With LED
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files