Back in February Canon showcased various concept cameras at CP+ 2019.
One of these cameras, the IVY REC, can now be funded on Indiegogo. Another of those concept cameras is a miniature camera with a 100-400mm telephoto soon (image on top).
Canon patent application 2019-0208134 describes optical formulas and technology of the 100-400mm concept camera. Interesting fact: the lens itself appears to be removable. This could mean Canon will make more focal lengths to fit on this diminutive camera.
More Canon patent applications are listed here. Some particularly interesting patent applications we think might get into production are these:
- Patent Application: mirrorless camera with large display and virtual control wheel
- Patent Application: IBIS and Lens IS Working Together
- Patent application for high speed mirror movement and control
- Patent application for an RF 14-28mm f/2 lens
- Patent application for an RF 50mm f/1.8 lens
- Patent application for a smart lens cap
- Patent application for celestial auto-focus
- Patent application describing a Pop-Up Flash With LED
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files
Source: Canon News