Well, that's an interesting Canon patent application: an air-cooled heat dissipation system that also functions…
Here is another Canon patent application (US 2019-0222763) dealing with IBIS (in Body Image Stabilisation).
As seen with another Canon patent about IBIS, here too the discussion is about how to make IBIS and lens IS work together smoothly. An algorithm is described that allows the camera to chose if use IBIS, lens IS, or both together.
Given all the recent Canon patent dealing with IBIS, you can safely assume that Canon will soon feature it on their camera bodies. Most likely first on the EOS R system, but there has also been a patent discussing IBIS on a DSLR.
So, IBIS is coming to the Canon universe. Sure thing.
More Canon patent applications are listed here. Some particularly interesting patent applications we think might get into production are these:
- A cooling adapter for the RF mount (R5 overheating?)
- A bunch of macro lenses for the RF mount.
- A 8mm f/4 circular fisheye lens for the Canon EOS R system
- A battery grip that works with differently siszed cameras
- A 100-400mm f/5.5-7.1 lens for APS-C cameras. EOS M or DSLR?
- RF 17-70mm lens for EOS R system
- IBIS coming to the EOS M and PowerShot lineup?
- Patent Application: mirrorless camera with large display and virtual control wheel
- Patent Application: IBIS and Lens IS Working Together
- Patent application for high speed mirror movement and control
- Patent application for an RF 14-28mm f/2 lens
- Patent application for an RF 50mm f/1.8 lens
- Patent application for a smart lens cap
- Patent application for celestial auto-focus
- Patent application describing a Pop-Up Flash With LED
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files