Dual Pixel AF was true innovation when first launched by Canon on the EOS 70D.…
Is Canon working on a video camera with RF mount? A patent suggest they might.
Canon patent application 2019‑161567 (Japan) describes a compact video camera that looks like the Canon XC10, and we think it has the RF mount, introduced by Canon with EOS R full frame mirrorless camera system.
Don’t get too excited, however. Most patent applications never go into production. Never the less, it might be a hint that Canon is investing in the RF mount. In any case, an interesting Canon patent application. Please note that the patent application doesn’t explicitly mention the RF mount. We think it might be an RF mount because according to the patent pictures, the lens mount is too close to the sensor to be an EF mount.
More Canon patent applications are listed here. Some particularly interesting patent applications we think might get into production are these:
- A cooling adapter for the RF mount (R5 overheating?)
- A bunch of macro lenses for the RF mount.
- A 8mm f/4 circular fisheye lens for the Canon EOS R system
- A battery grip that works with differently siszed cameras
- A 100-400mm f/5.5-7.1 lens for APS-C cameras. EOS M or DSLR?
- RF 17-70mm lens for EOS R system
- IBIS coming to the EOS M and PowerShot lineup?
- Patent Application: mirrorless camera with large display and virtual control wheel
- Patent Application: IBIS and Lens IS Working Together
- Patent application for high speed mirror movement and control
- Patent application for an RF 14-28mm f/2 lens
- Patent application for an RF 50mm f/1.8 lens
- Patent application for a smart lens cap
- Patent application for celestial auto-focus
- Patent application describing a Pop-Up Flash With LED
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files