There is no doubt Canon is investing in their EOS R full frame mirrorless system. Canon patent after Canon patent confirms it.
The Canon patent applications for Canon RF lenses listed below have been published today, August 29, 2019.
- Canon patent application US-2019-0265439 describes the optical formula for a 85mm f/1.2 lens
- Canon patent application US-2019-0265441 discusses the optical formula for a 50mm f/1.2 lens
- Canon patent application US-2019-0265450 discusses the optical formula for a 35mm f/1.8 lens and a 16mm f/1.4 lens
More Canon patent applications are listed here. Some particularly interesting patent applications we think might get into production are these:
- A 100-400mm f/5.5-7.1 lens for APS-C cameras. EOS M or DSLR?
- RF 17-70mm lens for EOS R system
- IBIS coming to the EOS M and PowerShot lineup?
- Patent Application: mirrorless camera with large display and virtual control wheel
- Patent Application: IBIS and Lens IS Working Together
- Patent application for high speed mirror movement and control
- Patent application for an RF 14-28mm f/2 lens
- Patent application for an RF 50mm f/1.8 lens
- Patent application for a smart lens cap
- Patent application for celestial auto-focus
- Patent application describing a Pop-Up Flash With LED
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files