A new and rather interesting Canon patent application. Very compact zoom lenses with large aperture.…
Here is one more Canon patent dealing with IBIS (In Body Image Stabilization). We’ll see this technology soon on the upcoming Canon EOS R5.
Canon patent application US20200120251 discusses technology and means of implementation of IBIS. Although the images in the patent literature depict a DSLR, we have no doubt IBIS will first be seen on a Canon mirrorless camera.
From the patent abstract:
An image pickup apparatus which makes the load applied to a movable unit when it is displaced nearly uniform. The movable unit controlled by a control unit is capable of being in at least a predetermined direction. A first flexible board has a first connecting portion connected to the movable unit, a first wiring portion extended from the first connecting portion in a first direction different from a direction of an optical axis, and a second connecting portion placed at an end of the first wiring portion and connected to the control unit. A second flexible board has a third connecting portion connected to the movable unit, a second wiring portion extended from the third connecting portion in a second direction different from the direction of the optical axis, and a fourth connecting portion placed at an end of the second wiring portion and connected to the control unit.
More Canon patent applications are listed here. Some particularly interesting patent applications we think might get into production are these:
- A 8mm f/4 circular fisheye lens for the Canon EOS R system
- A battery grip that works with differently siszed cameras
- A 100-400mm f/5.5-7.1 lens for APS-C cameras. EOS M or DSLR?
- RF 17-70mm lens for EOS R system
- IBIS coming to the EOS M and PowerShot lineup?
- Patent Application: mirrorless camera with large display and virtual control wheel
- Patent Application: IBIS and Lens IS Working Together
- Patent application for high speed mirror movement and control
- Patent application for an RF 14-28mm f/2 lens
- Patent application for an RF 50mm f/1.8 lens
- Patent application for a smart lens cap
- Patent application for celestial auto-focus
- Patent application describing a Pop-Up Flash With LED
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files