A new Canon patent application. Canon patent 2024023099 (Japan, published 2/21/2024) discusses optical formulas for…
Canon patent application for some telephoto zooms, for the EOS R system I guess.
Canon patent application 2020196094 (Japan) discusses optical formulas for three telephoto zoom lenses:
- 200mm f/2
- 300mm f/2.8
- 500mm f/4
As a shooting optical system having a long focal length, a so-called telephoto type shooting optical system is known. The telephoto type photographic optical system is used, for example, in a single focus super-telephoto lens.
In the photographing optical system described in Patent Document 1, the second lens group having a negative refractive power is moved during focusing. Here, the second lens group is arranged at a position relatively close to the first lens group, and it cannot be said that the focus group can be sufficiently reduced in size and weight.
An object of the present invention is to provide an optical system that is lightweight and has chromatic aberration and other aberrations satisfactorily corrected, and an image pickup apparatus having the same.
More Canon patent applications are listed here. Some particularly interesting patent applications we think might get into production are these:
- Automatic shutter silencing based on subject and distance
- A bunch of prime lenses for the RF mount
- An improved Electronic Viewfinder
- Patent application for RF 50mm F1.4 and an RF 35mm f/1.4 lenses
- A zoom lens that might be for an EOS R with APS-C sensor
- A smaller IBIS unit.
- A cooling adapter for the RF mount (R5 overheating?)
- A bunch of macro lenses for the RF mount.
- A 8mm f/4 circular fisheye lens for the Canon EOS R system
- A battery grip that works with differently siszed cameras
- A 100-400mm f/5.5-7.1 lens for APS-C cameras. EOS M or DSLR?
- RF 17-70mm lens for EOS R system
- IBIS coming to the EOS M and PowerShot lineup?
- Patent Application: mirrorless camera with large display and virtual control wheel
- Patent Application: IBIS and Lens IS Working Together
- Patent application for high speed mirror movement and control
- Patent application for an RF 14-28mm f/2 lens
- Patent application for an RF 50mm f/1.8 lens
- Patent application for a smart lens cap
- Patent application for celestial auto-focus
- Patent application describing a Pop-Up Flash With LED
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files
[via Digicame Info]