A new Canon patent application for tilt-shift lenses with moving internal parts. Thanks Fred for…
And yet another Canon patent application for an RF mount lens. A new macro lens might be in the works.
Canon patent application 2022-16822 discusses optical formulas for a RF 100mm f/2 Macro lens.
PROBLEM TO BE SOLVED: To provide an optical system which is small in size, suppresses aberration fluctuation due to focusing, and can obtain high optical performance over an entire object distance from infinity to a close distance, and an image pickup apparatus having the same.
A macro lens whose main purpose is to shoot a short-range object is configured to be capable of shooting from an infinite object having a shooting magnification of 0 times to a short-range object having a shooting magnification of about 1x. desirable. Further, the macro lens is required to have low aberration fluctuation and high optical performance over the entire object distance at the time of focusing, and the focus lens group is small and lightweight in order to perform focusing at high speed. When the inner focus method and the floating method are used, it becomes easy to perform focusing at high speed, reduce aberration fluctuations due to focusing, and obtain high optical performance over all object distances from infinity to close range.
- Focal length: 97.00
- F value: 2.06
- Half angle of view: 12.57
- Image height: 21.64
- Overall length: 159.46
- Back focus: 19.70
- Shooting magnification: -1.0
- Automatic shutter silencing based on subject and distance
- A bunch of prime lenses for the RF mount
- An improved Electronic Viewfinder
- Patent application for RF 50mm F1.4 and an RF 35mm f/1.4 lenses
- A zoom lens that might be for an EOS R with APS-C sensor
- A smaller IBIS unit.
- A cooling adapter for the RF mount (R5 overheating?)
- A bunch of macro lenses for the RF mount.
- A 8mm f/4 circular fisheye lens for the Canon EOS R system
- A battery grip that works with differently siszed cameras
- A 100-400mm f/5.5-7.1 lens for APS-C cameras. EOS M or DSLR?
- RF 17-70mm lens for EOS R system
- IBIS coming to the EOS M and PowerShot lineup?
- Patent Application: mirrorless camera with large display and virtual control wheel
- Patent Application: IBIS and Lens IS Working Together
- Patent application for high speed mirror movement and control
- Patent application for an RF 14-28mm f/2 lens
- Patent application for an RF 50mm f/1.8 lens
- Patent application for a smart lens cap
- Patent application for celestial auto-focus
- Patent application describing a Pop-Up Flash With LED
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files