And here is another Canon patent application for two RF-mount lenses with Defocus Smoothing technology.…
A new Canon patent was spotted by asobinet.com. It’s for a tilt-shift lens and it might apply to an already released Canon lens.
Canon patent application 2021-167982 (Japan) discusses optical formulas for a tilt shift macro lens. The patent literature hints at an already released lens, the Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8L Macro. From the patent literature:
PROBLEM TO BE SOLVED: To obtain an imaging optical system which has less aberration fluctuation during focusing from infinity to a short distance, has high optical performance over the entire focus range, and can easily secure a sufficient amount of peripheral light.
In recent years, an imaging optical system used in an imaging device such as an interchangeable lens still camera has a large aperture ratio, little aberration fluctuation during focusing from infinity to a short distance, and has high optical performance over the entire focus range. Is required.
The double-Gauss type imaging optical system is characterized in that it is easy to make a large-diameter ratio and the aberration fluctuation with respect to the fluctuation of the object distance is relatively small. However, in a double Gauss type imaging optical system, if the entire system is moved during focusing from infinity to a short distance, the amount of movement of the pupil increases. As a result, when trying to secure the peripheral illumination over the entire focus range, the effective diameter of the lens increases and the entire system becomes large.
In order to have a large aperture ratio, high optical performance when focusing from infinity to a short distance, and to obtain a sufficient amount of peripheral light, it is important to appropriately set the lens configuration, the material used for each lens, and the like. Will become.
Thepresent invention is an imaging optical system having little aberration fluctuation due to focusing from infinity to a short distance, having high optical performance over the entire focus range, and easily securing a sufficient amount of peripheral light, and an imaging apparatus having the same. The purpose is to provide.
- Focal length: 90.00
- F value: 2.91
- Image height: 34.00
- Overall length: 132.06
- Shooting magnification: 0.5
More Canon patent applications are listed here. Some particularly interesting patent applications we think might get into production are these:
- Automatic shutter silencing based on subject and distance
- A bunch of prime lenses for the RF mount
- An improved Electronic Viewfinder
- Patent application for RF 50mm F1.4 and an RF 35mm f/1.4 lenses
- A zoom lens that might be for an EOS R with APS-C sensor
- A smaller IBIS unit.
- A cooling adapter for the RF mount (R5 overheating?)
- A bunch of macro lenses for the RF mount.
- A 8mm f/4 circular fisheye lens for the Canon EOS R system
- A battery grip that works with differently siszed cameras
- A 100-400mm f/5.5-7.1 lens for APS-C cameras. EOS M or DSLR?
- RF 17-70mm lens for EOS R system
- IBIS coming to the EOS M and PowerShot lineup?
- Patent Application: mirrorless camera with large display and virtual control wheel
- Patent Application: IBIS and Lens IS Working Together
- Patent application for high speed mirror movement and control
- Patent application for an RF 14-28mm f/2 lens
- Patent application for an RF 50mm f/1.8 lens
- Patent application for a smart lens cap
- Patent application for celestial auto-focus
- Patent application describing a Pop-Up Flash With LED
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files