A new Canon patent, and once more more for RF mount lenses (what else?). Canon…
A new Canon patent application. A lens that becomes shorter when you zoom to the telephoto end. Usually it is the opposite.
asobinet.com spotted this Canon patent application. The lens seems to have f2.8/f4 and covers the standard focal length. Interesting lens but I don’t think it will ever go into production.
INDUSTRIAL APPLICABILITY: A zoom lens and an image pickup device having the same.
PROBLEM TO BE SOLVED: To provide a zoom lens having a large aperture ratio and a small size but having high optical performance, and an image pickup apparatus having the same.
In recent years, with the increasing functionality of image pickup devices, there is a demand for a compact and lightweight zoom lens having a large aperture ratio. As a zoom lens that satisfies this requirement, a negative lead type zoom lens in which a lens group having a negative refractive power is arranged on the most object side is known.
An object of the present invention is to provide a zoom lens having a large aperture ratio and a small size but having high optical performance, and an image pickup apparatus having the same.
- Focal length: 28.84-67.90
- F value: 2.91
- Half angle of view: 32.65-17.67
- Image height: 21.64
- Overall length: 149.46-115.94
- Back focus: 13.48-27.78
- Focal length: 28.84-60.00
- F value: 4.12
- Half angle of view: 32.68-19.83
- Image height: 18.50-21.64
- Overall length: 141.33-104.61
- Back focus: 19.70-35.51
More Canon patent applications are listed here. Some particularly interesting patent applications we think might get into production are these:
- Automatic shutter silencing based on subject and distance
- A bunch of prime lenses for the RF mount
- An improved Electronic Viewfinder
- Patent application for RF 50mm F1.4 and an RF 35mm f/1.4 lenses
- A zoom lens that might be for an EOS R with APS-C sensor
- A smaller IBIS unit.
- A cooling adapter for the RF mount (R5 overheating?)
- A bunch of macro lenses for the RF mount.
- A 8mm f/4 circular fisheye lens for the Canon EOS R system
- A battery grip that works with differently siszed cameras
- A 100-400mm f/5.5-7.1 lens for APS-C cameras. EOS M or DSLR?
- RF 17-70mm lens for EOS R system
- IBIS coming to the EOS M and PowerShot lineup?
- Patent Application: mirrorless camera with large display and virtual control wheel
- Patent Application: IBIS and Lens IS Working Together
- Patent application for high speed mirror movement and control
- Patent application for an RF 14-28mm f/2 lens
- Patent application for an RF 50mm f/1.8 lens
- Patent application for a smart lens cap
- Patent application for celestial auto-focus
- Patent application describing a Pop-Up Flash With LED
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files