After a long time, here is a new Canon patent application. Canon patent application 2023066202…
Canon Patent: 60-600mm f/4.5-8, 70-700mm f/4.7-8 And 80-800mm f/5.2-9 For RF Mount
A new Canon patent application for RF mount super telephoto lenses.
Canon patent application 2022-53697 (Japan) discusses optical formulas for three super telephoto lenses, all for the RF mount:
- 60-600mm f/4.5-8
- 70-700mm f/4.7-8
- 80-800mm f/5.2-9
PROBLEM TO BE SOLVED: To provide a zoom lens capable of supporting a high-magnification telephoto zoom and having good optical performance in the entire zoom range, an image pickup device having the same, and an image pickup system.
In recent years, there has been a demand for a telephoto lens having a long focal length or a zoom lens capable of shooting up to a telephoto lens, which is different from a smartphone camera. In recent years, so-called mirrorless cameras without a quick return mirror have been proposed, but since the main body of the mirrorless camera is thin, compact and lightweight, a compact and lightweight interchangeable lens suitable for the mirrorless camera is required.
- Focal length: 61.50-585.00
- F value: 4.46-8.16
- Half angle of view: 19.38-2.12
- Image height: 258.90-346.50
- Overall length: 258.90-346.50
- Back focus: 30.00-90.50
- Focal length: 70.00-682.00
- F value: 4.76-8..16
- Half angle of view: 17.18-1.82
- Image height:
- Overall length: 271.00-361.00
- Back focus: 31.22-97.50
- Focal length: 81.60-784.00
- F value: 5.23-9.18
- Half angle of view: 14.85-1.58
- Image height: 21.64
- Overall length: 274.33-371.01
- Back focus: 32.48-105.97
The Canon patent was spotted by Asobinet. More Canon patent applications are listed here. Some particularly interesting patent applications we think might get into production are these:
- Automatic shutter silencing based on subject and distance
- A bunch of prime lenses for the RF mount
- An improved Electronic Viewfinder
- Patent application for RF 50mm F1.4 and an RF 35mm f/1.4 lenses
- A zoom lens that might be for an EOS R with APS-C sensor
- A smaller IBIS unit.
- A cooling adapter for the RF mount (R5 overheating?)
- A bunch of macro lenses for the RF mount.
- A 8mm f/4 circular fisheye lens for the Canon EOS R system
- A battery grip that works with differently siszed cameras
- A 100-400mm f/5.5-7.1 lens for APS-C cameras. EOS M or DSLR?
- RF 17-70mm lens for EOS R system
- IBIS coming to the EOS M and PowerShot lineup?
- Patent Application: mirrorless camera with large display and virtual control wheel
- Patent Application: IBIS and Lens IS Working Together
- Patent application for high speed mirror movement and control
- Patent application for an RF 14-28mm f/2 lens
- Patent application for an RF 50mm f/1.8 lens
- Patent application for a smart lens cap
- Patent application for celestial auto-focus
- Patent application describing a Pop-Up Flash With LED
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files