A new and rather interesting Canon patent application. Very compact zoom lenses with large aperture.…
A new Canon patent application for an anamorphic optical system, i.e. a lens.
Canon patent application 2022-26700 (Japan) discusses optical formulas for an anamorphic lens.
PROBLEM TO BE SOLVED: To provide an optical system in which deterioration of optical performance due to a manufacturing error in a rotation direction is suppressed.
The present invention relates to an anamorphic optical system suitable for an image pickup apparatus.
In imaging through an optical system having a wide angle of view, the subject image is compressed into a horizontal cross section and recorded. Therefore, as disclosed in Patent Document 1, the refractive power is obtained in the horizontal cross section and the vertical cross section. Different anamorphic optics are used. The anamorphic optical system of Patent Document 1 is configured to have as few anamorphic surfaces as possible in order to reduce the size and weight.
However, in the anamorphic optical system, the position and the number of anamorphic surfaces are appropriately adjusted in order to suppress the deterioration of the optical performance due to the manufacturing error in the rotation direction around the optical axis, which does not occur in the rotationally symmetric optical system. Need to be set.
The present invention provides an anamorphic optical system that is compact and lightweight, yet suppresses deterioration of optical performance due to manufacturing errors in the rotation direction, and an image pickup apparatus using the same.
- Focal length: 16.15
- F value: 4.0
- Image height: 6.91
- Overall length: 222.72
- Back focus: 46.68
The Canon patent application was spotted by asobinet.com. More Canon patent applications are listed here. Some particularly interesting patent applications we think might get into production are these:
- Automatic shutter silencing based on subject and distance
- A bunch of prime lenses for the RF mount
- An improved Electronic Viewfinder
- Patent application for RF 50mm F1.4 and an RF 35mm f/1.4 lenses
- A zoom lens that might be for an EOS R with APS-C sensor
- A smaller IBIS unit.
- A cooling adapter for the RF mount (R5 overheating?)
- A bunch of macro lenses for the RF mount.
- A 8mm f/4 circular fisheye lens for the Canon EOS R system
- A battery grip that works with differently siszed cameras
- A 100-400mm f/5.5-7.1 lens for APS-C cameras. EOS M or DSLR?
- RF 17-70mm lens for EOS R system
- IBIS coming to the EOS M and PowerShot lineup?
- Patent Application: mirrorless camera with large display and virtual control wheel
- Patent Application: IBIS and Lens IS Working Together
- Patent application for high speed mirror movement and control
- Patent application for an RF 14-28mm f/2 lens
- Patent application for an RF 50mm f/1.8 lens
- Patent application for a smart lens cap
- Patent application for celestial auto-focus
- Patent application describing a Pop-Up Flash With LED
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files