This is a rather interesting Canon patent application, and it might well go into production…
Here is a new Canon patent application: shift-compatible mount adapter with support for electronic contacts.
Canon patent application P2022052536 (Japan) discusses the technology to implement a shift-compatible mount adapter with electronic contacts. This seems to be a rather interesting thing. Not the first adapter Canon makes. Assuming this adapter is for the EOS R lineup, it has ti be said that so far there are no tilt-shift lenses for the system.
PROBLEM TO BE SOLVED: To provide a mount adapter capable of easily shifting an interchangeable lens with respect to an imaging surface for shooting.
However, the prior art disclosed in Patent Document 1 is a configuration for preventing mechanical interference between the camera body and the interchangeable lens, and has a predetermined optical axis with respect to the image pickup surface like a TS lens. It is not possible to shift the image by a variable amount and shoot. Further, if the TS lens configuration is mounted on the mount adapter, the number of parts increases and becomes complicated, which leads to an increase in cost.
FIG. 2 is a cross-sectional view illustrating the adapter 100 in this embodiment. As described above, the adapter 100 is an adapter that is arranged between the camera body 10 and the interchangeable lens 20 and can be attached (connected) to the interchangeable lens 20 and the camera body 10. The adapter 100 is also a camera accessory that electrically connects the camera body 10 and the interchangeable lens 20. A CPU may be provided in the adapter 100 to perform signal conversion and the like.
- Automatic shutter silencing based on subject and distance
- A bunch of prime lenses for the RF mount
- An improved Electronic Viewfinder
- Patent application for RF 50mm F1.4 and an RF 35mm f/1.4 lenses
- A zoom lens that might be for an EOS R with APS-C sensor
- A smaller IBIS unit.
- A cooling adapter for the RF mount (R5 overheating?)
- A bunch of macro lenses for the RF mount.
- A 8mm f/4 circular fisheye lens for the Canon EOS R system
- A battery grip that works with differently siszed cameras
- A 100-400mm f/5.5-7.1 lens for APS-C cameras. EOS M or DSLR?
- RF 17-70mm lens for EOS R system
- IBIS coming to the EOS M and PowerShot lineup?
- Patent Application: mirrorless camera with large display and virtual control wheel
- Patent Application: IBIS and Lens IS Working Together
- Patent application for high speed mirror movement and control
- Patent application for an RF 14-28mm f/2 lens
- Patent application for an RF 50mm f/1.8 lens
- Patent application for a smart lens cap
- Patent application for celestial auto-focus
- Patent application describing a Pop-Up Flash With LED
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files