A new Canon patent and for once it doesn't refer to RF mount lenses but…
A new Canon patent was spotted. Autofocus improvement for mirror lenses, i.e. lenses with a reflective optical system.
Canon patent application 2022103610 (Japan) discusses methods and technologies to improve autofocus on mirror lenses.
PROBLEM TO BE SOLVED: To provide a lens device capable of detecting an accurate defocus amount when a reflective optical system is used.
However, in the configurations disclosed in Patent Documents 1 and 2, when the central portion of the light flux is shielded by the reflective telephoto lens (catadioptric system), the image signal corresponds to the change in the vignetting direction of the AF light flux. The correction and the calculation of the conversion coefficient are not performed, and a focus detection error occurs.
Therefore, it is an object of the present invention to provide a lens device, an image pickup device, a control method of the lens device, and a program capable of detecting an accurate defocus amount when a reflective optical system is used.
More Canon patent applications are listed here. Some particularly interesting patent applications we think might get into production are these:
- Automatic shutter silencing based on subject and distance
- A bunch of prime lenses for the RF mount
- An improved Electronic Viewfinder
- Patent application for RF 50mm F1.4 and an RF 35mm f/1.4 lenses
- A zoom lens that might be for an EOS R with APS-C sensor
- A smaller IBIS unit.
- A cooling adapter for the RF mount (R5 overheating?)
- A bunch of macro lenses for the RF mount.
- A 8mm f/4 circular fisheye lens for the Canon EOS R system
- A battery grip that works with differently siszed cameras
- A 100-400mm f/5.5-7.1 lens for APS-C cameras. EOS M or DSLR?
- RF 17-70mm lens for EOS R system
- IBIS coming to the EOS M and PowerShot lineup?
- Patent Application: mirrorless camera with large display and virtual control wheel
- Patent Application: IBIS and Lens IS Working Together
- Patent application for high speed mirror movement and control
- Patent application for an RF 14-28mm f/2 lens
- Patent application for an RF 50mm f/1.8 lens
- Patent application for a smart lens cap
- Patent application for celestial auto-focus
- Patent application describing a Pop-Up Flash With LED
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files