Canon patent application 2019-0339497 (USA) discusses optical formulas for 500mm f/4, 300mm f/2.8, 400mm f//4, and 800mm f/5.6 lenses for the Canon EOS R full frame mirrorless system. At least likely.
The optical formulas discusses in the patent might as well refer to the EF mount. We are not sure about this, though we tend to think the lenses are for the EOS R system. All lenses seem to have internal focusing.
You can download the patent:CanonPatentTelephoto
More Canon patent applications are listed here. Some particularly interesting patent applications we think might get into production are these:
- A battery grip that works with differently siszed cameras
- A 100-400mm f/5.5-7.1 lens for APS-C cameras. EOS M or DSLR?
- RF 17-70mm lens for EOS R system
- IBIS coming to the EOS M and PowerShot lineup?
- Patent Application: mirrorless camera with large display and virtual control wheel
- Patent Application: IBIS and Lens IS Working Together
- Patent application for high speed mirror movement and control
- Patent application for an RF 14-28mm f/2 lens
- Patent application for an RF 50mm f/1.8 lens
- Patent application for a smart lens cap
- Patent application for celestial auto-focus
- Patent application describing a Pop-Up Flash With LED
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files