A new and rather interesting Canon patent application. Very compact zoom lenses with large aperture.…
Here is a new Canon patent application. Once more for an RF mount lens, a compact and lightweight standard zoom lens with image stabilization.
Canon patent application 2021-196449 (Japan) discusses optical formulas for a RF 24-70mm f/4-7.3 IS lens. Not the fastest lens but according to the patent literature a lens of small size and little weight.
PROBLEM TO BE SOLVED: To provide a compact zoom lens which satisfactorily corrects aberration fluctuation at the time of image shake correction and can obtain high optical performance at the time of image shake correction over the entire zoom range.
In recent years, in digital still cameras and video cameras, there is a demand for a zoom lens having a compact size and high resolution (high optical performance). Further, it is required that the zoom lens is provided with a mechanism (vibration-proof mechanism) for compensating for image shake (image shake) that occurs when accidental vibration such as camera shake is transmitted. As a zoom lens that meets these demands, a negative lead type zoom lens in which a lens group having a negative refractive power is arranged on the most object side is known. In this negative lead type zoom lens, an anti-vibration mechanism that compensates for image shake by moving a part of the lens group (vibration-proof group, image shake correction group) so that it has a component in the direction perpendicular to the optical axis is provided.
- Focal length: 24.86-68.13
- F value: 4.12-7.31
- Half angle of view: 38.31-17.62
- Image height: 19.64-21.64
- Overall length: 102.91-104.95
- Back focus: 13.00-37.46
- Focal length: 28.68-67.45
- F value: 4.12-7.16
- Half angle of view: 34.41-17.78
- Image height: 19.64-21.64
- Overall length: 105.26-115.51
- Back focus: 13.00-36.88
- Automatic shutter silencing based on subject and distance
- A bunch of prime lenses for the RF mount
- An improved Electronic Viewfinder
- Patent application for RF 50mm F1.4 and an RF 35mm f/1.4 lenses
- A zoom lens that might be for an EOS R with APS-C sensor
- A smaller IBIS unit.
- A cooling adapter for the RF mount (R5 overheating?)
- A bunch of macro lenses for the RF mount.
- A 8mm f/4 circular fisheye lens for the Canon EOS R system
- A battery grip that works with differently siszed cameras
- A 100-400mm f/5.5-7.1 lens for APS-C cameras. EOS M or DSLR?
- RF 17-70mm lens for EOS R system
- IBIS coming to the EOS M and PowerShot lineup?
- Patent Application: mirrorless camera with large display and virtual control wheel
- Patent Application: IBIS and Lens IS Working Together
- Patent application for high speed mirror movement and control
- Patent application for an RF 14-28mm f/2 lens
- Patent application for an RF 50mm f/1.8 lens
- Patent application for a smart lens cap
- Patent application for celestial auto-focus
- Patent application describing a Pop-Up Flash With LED
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files