More tidbits about the upcoming Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II lens leaked at Digicame Info.
- The price of the EF 35mm f/1.4L II will be around 275,000 Yen (that’s $2,300, I think the lens will cost around $2,000)
- Will be released in Japan in mid October 2015
- The lens uses Blue Spectrum Refractive optics (BR) to obtain low chromatic aberration. BR elements greatly refract the light in the short wavelength region
- Chromatic aberration is corrected by significantly refracting the particular wavelength range
- The lens has a new, more advanced weather sealing
- The lens is more resistant to impacts
Another set of specs leaked yesterday. The Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II will be announced before the end of August, most likely together with the EF-M 15-45mm f/3-5-6.3 IS STM lens and the Rebel SL2. Stay tuned on Canon Watch![via Digicame Info]