Canon will release a firmware update for the Canon EOS 7D Mark II in September, the update will introduce support for the recently announced Canon W-E1 WiFi adapter.
Regarding the EOS 7D Mark II digital SLR camera, we are planning to release Firmware Version 1.1.0 for download from the Web in order to enhance the functions.
Changes in the firmware:
We are planning to incorporate the following changes to enhance functions.
1. Wi-Fi adapter W-E1 will be supported.
2. A setting will be added to enable or disable automatic storage of the lens if it is extended out when a gear-driven STM lens*1 is attached, and the power switch is turned to [OFF].
*1 EF 40mm f/2.8 STM, EF 50mm f/1.8 STM, or EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM lenses
3. Lens optical correction data for the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM lens will be added to the camera.
The firmware update for the EOS 7D Mark II will be available in early September 2016 through download. The Canon W-E1 WiFi adapter is available for pre-order: USA – Adorama | B&H Photo —– UK – Park Cameras
DPReview posted a set of sample pictures shot with the new Canon EOS 5D Mark IV (a pre-production model I guess). Moreover, raw conversions has been made with a very early beta build of Adobe Camera Raw. Hence, image quality may not represent the final shipping version.
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV pre-order links after the break.
Canon press release:
Canon Professional Services (CPS) Supports Professional Photographers Urgently in Need of Replacement Equipment
MELVILLE, N.Y., August 29, 2016 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, announced today that from August 6 to August 20, nearly 70 percent* of professional photographers on assignment in Brazil were Canon shooters. In addition, Canon brought a team of more than 70 highly trained technicians and support staff to Brazil this month to help maximize the uptime and performance of its professional broadcast and EOS imaging equipment users. Canon HDTV field lenses were ready on the evening of August 5 bringing viewers worldwide approximately 80 percent and nationwide 100 percent of the images they saw on TV.
“It is humbling to know that such a large number of the world’s most talented sports photographers relied on Canon equipment to capture this historic sporting event. Their iconic images from so many different events have been and will be seen by millions of people around the world for years to come. To support the needs of our customers and help them accomplish their goals, Canon Professional Services is always set up and ready at major sporting events throughout the year to assist by providing comprehensive equipment maintenance and repairs, extensive equipment loans and expert technical support,” said Yuichi Ishizuka, president and COO, Canon U.S.A., Inc.
During the events, a photographer that had equipment stolen was quickly assisted by CPS staff so he could get back on assignment. According to Brett Costello, News Corp. Australia photographer, “The CPS team in Brazil was amazing. I was very upset at having my gear stolen on August 4 at a café and thought my ability to cover the coming events were over. When I told the Canon staff there what had happened to me, they didn’t hesitate in helping with the loan gear I required. Thanks to Canon I put the event behind me and was able to complete my assignments.”
The CPS team also:
- Averaged a 12 hour turnaround time for products needing repair
- Loaned 8,163 products with the EOS-1D X Mark II DSLR camera and EF 200-400MM F/4L IS USM Extender 1.4X being the most requested product loans
- Had in stock 950 cameras and 1,500 lenses
- Communicated with photographers in 12 languages
Canon Professional Services proudly attends to photographers at major sporting, auto racing, Hollywood, and political events throughout each year.
For more information about CPS: http://www.cps.usa.canon.com/
For more information about the EOS-1D X Mark II DSLR camera: http://usa.canon.com/EOS1DXMarkII
At a glance:
- Ultra Wide-Angle 8mm Fisheye Lens
- 167º Angle of View
- High Definition, Aspherical Elements
- For Use with APS-C Format DSLRs
- Circular, Vignetted Image on Full Frame
- Multi-Layer Coating to Reduce Flare
- Minimum Focusing Distance of 12″
- Removable Petal-Type Lens Hood