Top Rated Plus eBay seller getitidigital (99.4% positive ratings) has two very good deals that are live now and probably won’t last long:
Thanks Alan for the link.
The crop above is taken from a slide of Panasonic’s presentation of the GH4, and shows some (supposed) specs for the EOS 7D replacement. I previously reported about that. The whole presentation found its way to the web, and to the forums of Personal View as a downloadable PDF.
On page 10 you have the comparison with Panasonic’s competitors, and with a speculated successor of the Canon EOS 7D (price & specs). These specs differ from previously reported specs, and describe a DSLR without any exciting feature, and look as if they were made by Panasonic’s marketing department. Hopefully Canon will surprise us with something more innovative. To sum up, the EOS 7D replacement specs shown at Panasonic’s GH4 presentation are:
- 20MP sensor
- ISO 100-12,800 (25600 extended)
- 1/8000 shutter
- Quiet shutter mode
- Phase detect AF, 19 area
- 8fps continuous shooting
- Buffer size – 15 raw, 126 JPEG
- 3.0″ 1040k dot LCD (touch screen) – not articulated
- Weather sealed (as original 7D)
- 910g weight
To compare, the other rumored spec list for the EOS 7D replacement:
- ~24MP sensor with Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Auto-Focus system similar to the EOS 5D Mark III (61 points), possibly the same as 5D3
- High frame rate, 10-12 fps
- “high grade” weather sealing, like Canon’s professional DSLRs
- Dual Digic V+ processor
- Single card slot
- WiFi & GPS
- Innovative video features
- Price around $2000
- Very good ISO performance
Hard to believe that the specs shown at Panasonic’s presentation have something to do with Canon’s next APS-C flagship. And it is hard to make predictions for the EOS 7D replacement, which should be announced around Q3 2014.
The Canon Powershot G1 X Mark II easily is the most interesting of the gear announced by Canon for the CP+ show. A small, compact camera packed with features, and with a bright, fast lens. Not to forget the big sensor (smaller than APS-C and bigger than 4/3) that delivers close-to-DSLR image quality. The G1 X II sells for $799 and is expected to ship in May 2014.
The folks at reviewed.com are in Yokohama for the CP+ show, and they got a chance to play around with the G1 X Mark II. Some excerpts:
- The G1 X Mark II is smaller in every dimension than its predecessor, though the biggest size savings by far is in height
- Ergonomically, the camera doesn’t suffer much for its slimmer, shorter profile. The grip is actually a bit deeper and narrower, and the new faux-leather covering still provides plenty of traction.
- The G1 X Mark II is a comprehensively better camera than the G1 X, but its new lens is by far its greatest improvement [24-120mm f/2–3.9]
- Autofocus has been significantly beefed up. The new system offers 31 AF points, compared to nine on the original G1 X
Conclusion and pre-order links after the break.
Canon has expanded the EOS System with the launch of the new Macro Ring Lite MR-14EX II. Designed for enthusiast and professional DSLR photographers who are passionate about macro photography, the Macro Ring Lite MR-14EX II provides incredible flexibility to light and shoot a diverse range of subjects, and features independent flash heads, increased responsiveness and enhanced Custom Functions.
Video presentations of the new Canon Powershot G1 X II are showing up on the Internet. The video above is a concept video, the videos below are named “Travel in Portugal” and “Travel in Morocco”, respectively. All videos by YouTube user canonplex.
There is also some information about the viewfinder to grab: the EVF-DC1 has 2,360k resolution and is tiltable.
Powershot G1 X II accessories:
- Canon EVF-DC1 ELECTRONIC VIEWFINDER for G1X Mark II: B&H Photo
- Canon WP-DC53 WATERPROOF CASE for G1X Mark II: B&H Photo
- Canon LH-DC80 LENS HOOD for G1X Mark II: B&H Photo
- Canon FA-DC58E FILTER ADAPTER for G1X Mark II: B&H Photo
Canon Japan published a set of sample pictures and a video shot with the new Canon Rebel T5/EOS 1200D. Full resolution images can be downloaded.